SOLVED

Emoji inside Landing Page Rich Text Box

Go to solution
Pepe_Serralvo
Level 2

Emoji inside Landing Page Rich Text Box

Hi,

We have been trying to add emojis to one of our landing pages, adding it inside a Rich Text Box editor.

We've tried adding it directly to the HTML code as 🦁 and even copying directly the emoji from and pasting it in the RTE.

When we save the RTE, the emoji is showing up ok inside the page but as soon as we preview or approve the whole page, all the content included in the RTE below the emoji is removed and deleted completely.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there a way to be able to add emojis to a LP?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Emoji inside Landing Page Rich Text Box

Put the HTML entity in a Text {{my.token}}. Then it won't be stripped.

BUT Lion Face in particular is a bad choice, if I may say so. It's not supported on my latest Chrome/Windows nor Waterfox/Windows. Frankly on an LP you'd be better off using an emoji webfont, which will be supported everywhere, unless you're absolutely sure your Emoji has existed for long enough.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Put the HTML entity in a Text {{my.token}}. Then it won't be stripped.

BUT Lion Face in particular is a bad choice, if I may say so. It's not supported on my latest Chrome/Windows nor Waterfox/Windows. Frankly on an LP you'd be better off using an emoji webfont, which will be supported everywhere, unless you're absolutely sure your Emoji has existed for long enough.

Pepe_Serralvo
Level 2

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman!

The Lion Face one was just an example, we are using only emojis accepted by w3.

SanfordWhiteman

The Lion Face one was just an example, we are using only emojis accepted by w3.

It's not a question of approved or unapproved (Unicode approves Emojis, not W3C, btw) but whether browsers have implemented them. An emoji that was added 5 years ago doesn't necessarily have support everywhere, needs to be tested.