Re: WebEx Registration ID

Lauren_Linsalat
Level 2

WebEx Registration ID

When creating a WebEx event synced with Marketo, I know the Registration Required button has to be checked for the sync to work - however, as others have mentioned, when they go to join the event, they're prompted to "reregister."  This registration ID is present in WebEx, under Manage Registrations, but I can't figure out a way for the ID to automatically send to the registrant via Marketo.  Even with the custom URL token, it still requires that ID - and it seems silly to automate this entire thing and then have the one manual step be the distribution of the Registration ID.  Is there a token for the Reg ID, or some other shortcut to get this info into the user's hands?

8 REPLIES 8
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

We use this token {{member.webinar url}} for our registration confirmation emails.  It's the custom member link as far as I'm aware.

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Lauren - is this new for you? We just had a disaster webinar today because no one could figure out the registration ID. We have run webinars no problem in the past, though webex has always required a password for us.

Are you able to run a webinar without requiring a password?

I need to get this fixed ASAP. It seems like webex has "upgraded" a bit, so I may have a lot to relearn.

Lauren_Linsalat
Level 2

What I've figured out so far:

- You can remove the requirement of a password, in the WebEx set up.  (Be sure you're not trapping yourself into the requirement by using a Program that will supercede your removal of the password requirement.)

- If you set up the custom-URL token, and the guest uses that URL and nothing else, they will be able to enter the webinar as long as it has STARTED.  If it's too far in advance (I need to test HOW far in advance) they'll get caught in an endless registration loop.

That's as much as I've managed to test with myself today, which is promising, but still not complete. 

I initially set up our sync using these instructions, maybe it will help you find out what has changed since your initial set-up?

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

How many Lauren's can we get to reply to the same thread?:)

Set up your back up page in the event settings.  Go to the program level, set up, event actions. This will send them to a landing page of your choosing that can say - sorry this hasn't started yet.  Once the event is live, it will automatically take them to webex.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Lauren – We’ve used that token probably for three years now. Sorry to hear about your trouble. We’ve had some recent issues unrelated to that token however. Post – webinar webex didn’t send who attended or didn’t attend for a long time – we had to put in a ticket. We do run webinars without a password. That token above sends a unique url to the registrant – it takes them straight to the session when it is open, and to a marketo landing page saying – the webinar isn’t live yet – when the session hasn’t happened yet.

Webex support is usually not helpful – I’d start by putting in a ticket with Marketo to see if they can diagnose on their end first.

Lauren_Linsalat
Level 2

Hey Lauren!  Just to get back to you on this - we did run two events on Wednesday with unique URLs, which we managed to achieve with the date token mentioned by Lauren Beth on this thread - however, we noticed that even within the 10 minute window, it still prompted people for passwords, when we were testing.

The best solution for this was to always have someone open the bridge far in advance (say 30 minutes).  This way, people were not being prompted for passwords (make sure you have 'passwords required' turned off in WebEx, as well) and everything worked out pretty well.  Lots of testing!

Mark_Guth2
Level 1

Hi Lauren, for the WebEx backup page, I am not finding any sample text for this type of page? Do you have any suggestions? I assume it is a page with tokens in the text, but not sure exactly what to say. Your idea above about opening the event early probably negates the need for it, but thought you might have one just in case.

And, as I understand, this backup page then somehow redirects to the webex event that is running when the event starts? I am confused by this. If so, I was thinking the page text would have to address this somehow. "The X event has not started yet. It starts at X. Check back on this page 10 minutes before your event starts and you will be directed to the webinar."

Thanks for all the work you put into testing so far; it's saving me a ton of time as I try to piece this together.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm just now jumping on this thread. Having the same issues with WebEx regarding people getting confused about the IDs and passwords it asks for. It seems they sure don't make it easy for people to simply sign up and join a webinar!

So... my question is - is it still a requirement for WebEx event to set 'registration = required' in order to properly sync with Marketo?