SOLVED

Web personalization - campaign doesnt recognize members of the static list

Go to solution
Patches
Level 1

Web personalization - campaign doesnt recognize members of the static list

Hey 

Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and has a fix. Been on with marketo support and they can't identify any issues in the campaign but the desired in zone text is not appearing. 

We set up a campaign to personalize the email subscribe thank you page text to recognise if someone had previously registered and provide a different 'already subscribed' message. When tested off of VPN or corp network on Apple & PC desktop - the correct campaign text does not appear. 

We are using inzone. (everything looks ok in the test preview)

URLs are correct

Zone ID matches Div ID in script. 

Static List is correct and email addresses exist on static list. However in testing it does not appear even when we refresh our browser. 

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to remedy?  (Page script below for reference). 

Thanks!

Steve

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<div id="status">
<p><span class="fs14">You've already subscribed to receive emails. As an email subscriber and member of our health care community, you have access to a wide range of resources and services to help you reach your health care goals.</span></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Web personalization - campaign doesnt recognize members of the static list

I'd be curious to know if Marketo Support comes up with an answer, as it doesn't work for me either. Preview works, person on the list is definitely cookied, yet the real page doesn't exchange its content. - Sorry, no idea here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'd be curious to know if Marketo Support comes up with an answer, as it doesn't work for me either. Preview works, person on the list is definitely cookied, yet the real page doesn't exchange its content. - Sorry, no idea here.

Arturo_Olivares
Level 2

Hi @Patches 

What I normally do is use the "Dynamic content" to customize any Marketo assets.

you can create a segment within the Marketo database specifying the leads' subscription by using a boolean field named "Subscription", if someone has been subscribed the value will be "TRUE", and will be part of the segment.

then once you already have your segment approved you can use it to customize the content in the landing page.

if you would like to go beyond the subscription confirmation message, you can create customized emails to make it more personal.

hope this helps,

regards!

Arturo

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

This doesn't work for me either; I did raise this with the support team a while back, but no luck still! I hope they remedy this soon. I'm glad that this works as expected once live, though.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

After more testing, I'm tempted to say that Program Membership doesn't work as Segment either. Field Value works fine though.

Patches
Level 1

thank you for your feedback. i suspect it doesnt work, - Marketo support is claiming my RTP values dont exactly match what is in the acct. we load RTP through GTM and have reloaded it twice but it still doesnt exactly match. They didnt want to escalate until i confirmed this so we've had a bit of back and forth, hoping to get it escalated and will let everyone know if we get a successful outcome!