SOLVED

Web hook being called, but no actual request made

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Web hook being called, but no actual request made

Hello,

I'm looking to integrate our product with Marketo using web hooks. While trying to test it in Marketo using our Developer Sandbox account, it doesn't look like the web hook is making any request.

The steps I took were: created the webhook, added test email to a list, created a campaign, added condition "Was Added to List" to smart list, added call webhook in flow and lastly, ran the campaign.

In the results of the campaign, it showed that the webhook was called, but it never actually hit our api. Is there any way to see the response of the interaction from the webhook as it does not appear to be making a request? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Web hook being called, but no actual request made

Hi Aldo,

According to this conversation, Cannot call webhook in batch campaign, you cannot call a webhook through a batch campaign.  When you set up your test campaign, was it a batch campaign or a triggered campaign?

Thank you,

Courtney

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unfortunately, you won't get debug info from the Mkto side.  So I'd turn it around on your endpoint: why are you sure that no request is going out to your API? ("Checked my web server logs" would be a fine response.)  For comparison, you can use a service like Henry's HTTP Post Dumping Server and send some test calls there.  Remove all tokens or confidential data, obviously.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sanford,

We actually tried what you said with RequestBin​, which records all request, set the webhook to make a simple GET request and came to the conclusion that no request was going out. We are wondering if it is something that we may have done wrong with our Marketo setup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aldo,

According to this conversation, Cannot call webhook in batch campaign, you cannot call a webhook through a batch campaign.  When you set up your test campaign, was it a batch campaign or a triggered campaign?

Thank you,

Courtney

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Courtney,

That was the issue. I did not know that web hooks were not allowed for batch campaign. Thanks so much!