can I set change a key instead of email address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

can I set change a key instead of email address?

Hi there,

Could you kindly tell me if it is possible to change a key? For example, is that possible to set email address and name (last and first name) as a key?

I have clients who use email address with 2 to 3 people. I mean the people share one email address with some people in a same company.

In that case, I cannot resister those people as separate data (records) when they want to resister to seminar or event.

If I can set an email address and name as a key, Marketo can recognise those people separately even if they use one email address.

Please let me know if you have an idea...

Thanks,

Eri

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: can I set change a key instead of email address?

BA Admin​ I'm not aware of any way to do this within the interface. Using the API it is possible to use different keys to look up a record.

But it still doesn't solve your issue entirely, which is that you want to have duplicate records within Marketo with the same email address and track those user behaviors separately for form fill outs etc. I feel like this will be a constant headache to manage.

Is there any way to change the user behaviour so that people use a distinct email address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's technically possible but there's a lot of implications to doing this. I would suggest that you discuss this with someone in consulting or support to make sure you understand the consequences.

John_M
Marketo Employee

To add to this, while it's possible, it's something that Support or Consulting has to enable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, let me ask support or consilting!