SOLVED

Re: We need help setting up an Email Preference Center for handling unsubscribes.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need help setting up an Email Preference Center for handling unsubscribes.

We are getting setup in Marketo and need help setting up an Email Preference Center.  We currently have three monthly content emails that we send out, plus emails for additional marketing messages.  I need to set up an Email Preference Center so that if one chooses not to receive marketing messages but still wants one of the monthly emails that they have to subscribed to (vice versa) that they don't get unsubscribed from everything.  If there is any documentation or examples of how this would be set up, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We need help setting up an Email Preference Center for handling unsubscribes.

Hi Nikki,

Here's a pretty good overview you can reference: Subscription Center

Overview of steps

1. Create custom fields, for example, "Subscribed to promotional emails" and "Subscribed to monthly newsletter" as Checkbox fields.

2. Create an operational program and within it create a form and add your custom fields to it and any other information you'd like them to provide in the email center (e.g. email address, language preferences, industry, unsubscribe from all checkbox, etc.)

3. Create a landing page and add the form to it. Create a confirmation landing page they will see after completing the form. 

4. Set-up static lists that people will be added to depending on which lists they subscribe to.

5. Set-up a campaign to opt people into each of the lists (if those boxes are checked) and opt them out if those boxes are unchecked. These should be triggered so that anytime someone subscribes or unsubscribes they are added or removed from the appropriate lists. 

6. Add the link to the LP to your emails.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nikki Boock​ . I moved your post to Products and Support​. Also..... Welcome to the Marketing Nation family and Community!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nikki,

Here's a pretty good overview you can reference: Subscription Center

Overview of steps

1. Create custom fields, for example, "Subscribed to promotional emails" and "Subscribed to monthly newsletter" as Checkbox fields.

2. Create an operational program and within it create a form and add your custom fields to it and any other information you'd like them to provide in the email center (e.g. email address, language preferences, industry, unsubscribe from all checkbox, etc.)

3. Create a landing page and add the form to it. Create a confirmation landing page they will see after completing the form. 

4. Set-up static lists that people will be added to depending on which lists they subscribe to.

5. Set-up a campaign to opt people into each of the lists (if those boxes are checked) and opt them out if those boxes are unchecked. These should be triggered so that anytime someone subscribes or unsubscribes they are added or removed from the appropriate lists. 

6. Add the link to the LP to your emails.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wintha,

I found your response to be very helpful! I'm having trouble understanding the difference/purpose of the Opt-in static lists vs. the subscription lists(smart lists).. I am a new Marketo user, so please excuse me if I am missing something very obvious here.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michele

The Opt-In Static List is the list that will have the names of the people who opt-in for that option.

You need to create a smart campaign to produce that list.

I am sure you will find this useful: Subscription Center