Re: View custom object info on Lead Record

Chris_Pope2
Level 1

View custom object info on Lead Record

I need to create a custom object for Events Attended. Since there is a 1:many relationship for Lead:Events, will I be able to see this all from the Lead record? Or will this data only be accessible via API?

11 REPLIES 11
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

developers.marketo.com

The object should appear as a filter option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see the attributes related to any given object and filter on them, but you can't see the data in an a data object for a specific lead anywhere on the lead's record. There's was an idea put forward by another user to make the data objects and their contents visible, but that's not available right now. So, yes, to see the data in fine detail, for a specific lead, you will need to access it via the API or, if that object is being synced with some equivalent object in your CRM system, by viewing it there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be viewed from the Lead database if that option is enabled when you set up the custom object. Once the new version of custom objects is out that you can edit yourself, you'll be able to change that setting right from the UI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. What if the custom object has already been set up? How do you make it visible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think at one point, you had to decide that when you first created the object. But it seems like now we can turn that on and off for objects on the back-end. So, if you file a support ticket, they should be able to do that for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. Good to know. I may do that. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question for you on this subject, Kristen, if you don't mind. If I file a support ticket so that the object is visible, is the data within the object editable via Marketo? My hope is not. I just want Marketo users to be able to see the contents of these objects but not edit them.

If they can edit them, is there a way to limit access?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it will still not be editable in the UI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Appreciate the quick response, Kristen. Much appreciated.