SOLVED

Video as a channel or part of other channels??

Go to solution
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Video as a channel or part of other channels??

Should "video" be it's own channel in Marketo or is it part of a larger content picture? I'm hoping that other marketers can weigh in on how they do things and advise whether they've made video a separate channel and are tracking success of the video channel or if it's perhaps part of "email send" or "social media" channels. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessica_Kao3

Re: Video as a channel or part of other channels??

Hi Christina,

It depends on how you want to report and roll things ups.  The way that I look at channels and whether to split something up is what do I want to compare side by side. 

In some cases, I had a separate channel for each type of content. 

Content - White paper

Content - Infographic

Content - Video

However, this means you can't automatically roll reports up under Content.

Another way to do it is use tags:  Have 1 Channel called Content

And then use tags to tag the type of content.

Most likely you will also be using programs in other channels that are promoting the video as well, say paid social, ppc, SEM, etc.  Those really should be the acquisition programs. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessica_Kao3

Hi Christina,

It depends on how you want to report and roll things ups.  The way that I look at channels and whether to split something up is what do I want to compare side by side. 

In some cases, I had a separate channel for each type of content. 

Content - White paper

Content - Infographic

Content - Video

However, this means you can't automatically roll reports up under Content.

Another way to do it is use tags:  Have 1 Channel called Content

And then use tags to tag the type of content.

Most likely you will also be using programs in other channels that are promoting the video as well, say paid social, ppc, SEM, etc.  Those really should be the acquisition programs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said - I would agree that this is one method that can be followed to keep your content organized while also tracking the successes of the various pieces/channels.

Like so many MA systems, you can accomplish your intended goal dozens of different ways with no right or wrong way to do it!