Velocity - show table of related records from custom object as dynamic content in email

Elizabeth_Down3
Level 1

Velocity - show table of related records from custom object as dynamic content in email

Hey all, Velocity n00b stumbling through some basics here, wondering if I can get some pointers or templates for a this dynamic content structure using Marketo custom objects. 
My custom object represents contacts with relationships to specific accounts in SFDC and that's all happy, but now i want to set up dynamic content showing this relationship as a table, similar to a related list: 

Dear Contact,

Here are your accounts:

Account 1 Name - Account 1 created date

Account 2 Name - Account 2 created date

Account 3 Name - Account 3 created date etc.

this post from a while back seemed close to what i needed but it's not working. 

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated. Would also love leads on folks who teach velocity in the context of Marketo.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Velocity - show table of related records from custom object as dynamic content in email

Well, I'd need first to see how the CO list is represented in the Velocity context — without that, can't suggest any actual code!

So please check off the applicable fields on the CO (in the tree on the right hand side of Script Editor) and then just include the name of the list in the token, i.e.:

$YourCustomObject__cList

Put the output here (using Insert/Edit code sample, highlighted as Java).

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Velocity - show table of related records from custom object as dynamic content in email

@Elizabeth_Down3 

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated. Would also love leads on folks who teach velocity in the context of Marketo.

Regarding velocity training, you could do no better than @SanfordWhiteman who has already responded to your post. 

Velocity in the context of Marketo is a very niche sub-discipline (although one vitally important to advanced Marketo users) and Sandy is the foremost subject matter expert in this field. He's also a great presenter - I recommend you get in touch with him. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hey, what's up, Justin! Indeed I do train people in "Marketo-flavored" Velocity, that's one of my big things.