SOLVED

Re: Velocity script for putting condition on email forward

Go to solution
PMarketo
Level 1

Velocity script for putting condition on email forward

Hello,

I am creating a live event in Marketo, this is a vip event and we want to put forward to friend token in Marketo email but we want only certain people get forwards, since this is a vip live event, we dont want alot of forwards. Can we do this using velocity script in Marketo or by any other feature?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can put a filter on the Forward to Friend form that prevents people from entering addresses unless they match a certain pattern.

But (I think this is what Michael means) you can never stop people from forwarding the email using the button in their email app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

No. You can't prevent an email from being forwarded.

SanfordWhiteman

You can put a filter on the Forward to Friend form that prevents people from entering addresses unless they match a certain pattern.

But (I think this is what Michael means) you can never stop people from forwarding the email using the button in their email app.

PMarketo
Level 1

Thanks for providing the solution 🙂

Can you please guide how to put filter in Marketo forward to friend form?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

You can follow the framework at Building a better Forward-to-Friend with Velocity and add an onClick listener to the Send button. Check the current email value against a regex pattern/list of allowed domains, reject the form submit (meaning “stop the click event“ in this case, since Marketo doesn’t use a real form) if it doesn’t match.