Re: Velocity Email Scripting issue.

milanjain2208
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 ,

I appreciate your response. Thank you very much.

Regarding this =>

In case multiple CO records are updated at almost the same time for the same person (i.e. before the campaign has done processing the flow triggered through previous updates), your email would reference the last updated CO record, and not the one that actually triggered the campaign flow. 

Indeed, the problem we are currently encountering is precisely this. So, is there no way to address this situation?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In case multiple CO records are updated at almost the same time for the same person (i.e. before the campaign has done processing the flow triggered through previous updates), your email would reference the last updated CO record, and not the one that actually triggered the campaign flow. 

Indeed, the problem we are currently encountering is precisely this. So, is there no way to address this situation?

We accommodate this case by sending a Custom Activity that contains the specific updated CO GUID whenever there’s an update.

Then you can key off the CA field to find only the appropriate CO for that run.

milanjain2208
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman@Darshil_Shah1  ,

How do I get the sent CA's primary attribute in my Velocity Email Script ?

So, basically I created a custom activity whose primary attribute is applicationID.

I tried accessing the CA in the velocity email script using $trigger.Name and $TriggerObject.applicationID (so that I can find the appropriate application CO) but neither of them worked.

I am not able to do this part =>

Then you can key off the CA field to find only the appropriate CO for that run.