SOLVED

Using Tokens for Alerts: Web Content with Varying Asset

Go to solution
JamesBarrett
Level 1

Using Tokens for Alerts: Web Content with Varying Asset

I'm looking to use tokens at the program level to control input on several Lead Alerts within that program. Different Smart Campaigns will basically control what gets served up to the Lead Alert, such as a specific asset name or utm campaign parameter. One common form is used for these Smart Campaigns and Lead Alerts. I'm guessing that this is much easier than I'm making it out to be. I can't figure out how to have one lead alert for multiple Smart Campaigns and have the lead alert include specific information, such as the utm parameter (via querystring) so that I can denote the specific outbound campaign that the lead is coming from. Any thoughts?

James B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using Tokens for Alerts: Web Content with Varying Asset

How can I include a link to the SFDC campaign?

If the SFDC Campaign is stored in an SFDC Campaign type {{my.token}}, you can build the Salesforce (don’t know if you’re using Lightning or Classic) URL quite simply. Just check in SFDC for the URL structure, which is RESTful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

What activity are you triggering on exactly?
JamesBarrett
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman, Thanks! The Lead Alert is triggered from a form fill. We are using one form for multiple campaigns. I think I figured out how to add in the UTM parameters, but my next quandary is how to add a link to the SFDC campaign to the Lead Alert. I know the SP_Send_Alert_Info token sends a link to the lead in SFDC, but it also includes other info I don't really care about. How can I include a link to the SFDC campaign?

SanfordWhiteman

How can I include a link to the SFDC campaign?

If the SFDC Campaign is stored in an SFDC Campaign type {{my.token}}, you can build the Salesforce (don’t know if you’re using Lightning or Classic) URL quite simply. Just check in SFDC for the URL structure, which is RESTful.