Re: Using the Marketo-Wistia integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the Marketo-Wistia integration

Hey folks. Margot from Wistia here. We recently wrote an in-depth guide on how to use the Wistia<>Marketo integration, including potential workflows, explanatory videos, etc. Do you have ideas for other workflows? How do you use the integration? We're really looking to learn from seasoned Marketo users here, so I'd love to hear from you!

10 REPLIES 10
Ariel_Sasso
Level 4

Great article, thank your sharing. Looking forward to seeing what other people post.

Ariel Sasso
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you enjoyed it, Ariel! Let me know if you have any questions about the integration—you can even take it for a trial run for free if you're interested.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Peter Kosmal​ might be of interest...

Peter_Kosmal
Level 2

Some would say we wrote the book on Wistia / Marketo integration

Peter_Kosmal
Level 2

I'd be happy to field any questions on how we use the integration at Euromonitor!

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

I have been trying to set up an alert campaign for our sales reps where they would get an alert shortly after a prospect watches either 50%, 75%, or 100% of a wistia video. However, it seems that no matter how I set it up, I can only get the alert email to say that they watched 50%, even though their record shows that they may have watched 100% of the video.

Any suggestions on how to set this program up?

Here are 2 ways I have set it up that were unsuccessful in achieving my desired result.

First Attempt: Smart List is triggered by Visited web page CONTAINS "- 50% Watched, - 75% Watched, - 100% Watched", then in the FLOW, wait 30 minutes, and if "-100% Watched, send alert" and so forth.

The Second Attempt was similar but I actually made the Smart List have all 3 triggers independently. Then, in the FLOW I added additional WAIT steps between 100% alert and 75% alert.

Any ideas?

Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

Hi Yoav Guttman

Do you have an image of your flow steps? I do know that if someone watches 100% then they also qualify for the 50 and 75%, first. I get what you are doing with the wait step but I wonder if there is something in the flow logic that could help solve for this, but it would be helpful for me to see what you already built!

Thanks,

Valerie

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

Yoav Guttman

Hmmm I don't know why that wouldn't work.

Although, I'm wondering if in your flow steps you could combine all three send alerts into one step? A person can only qualify for one choice, and it goes in top-down order. So, something like this?

Choice 1: If Visited web page contains - 100% - Send Alert

Choice 2: If Visited web page contains - 75% - Send Alert

Choice 1: If Visited web page contains - 50% - Send Alert