SOLVED

Re: Using Smart Lists to track signups from a specific form

Go to solution
Taylor_Hemphill
Level 1

Using Smart Lists to track signups from a specific form

I'm trying to track newsletter signups from a specific form. The form is for something else entirely, but we've decided to add an optional checkbox to subscribe to our newsletter to increase readership.

What I'm trying to do is create a Smart List for people who subscribed to this newsletter at the time of submitting the form. Everything I've tried so far pulls in people who have filled out this form and subscribed to our newsletter at a later point, which is not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To track the source of a specific field update, you can either

• mark up the form with some additional JS
  • use a new custom field that's only present on this form, then use Change Data Value to update the primary field as well — since the new field can only be set by one form, there's no ambiguity

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

To track the source of a specific field update, you can either

• mark up the form with some additional JS
  • use a new custom field that's only present on this form, then use Change Data Value to update the primary field as well — since the new field can only be set by one form, there's no ambiguity
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Hi @Taylor_Hemphill 

I would suggest adding constraints to your smart list filters to target specific timeframes or specific landing pages that the form is filled out on. You could also add a filter to the smart list for the field that you are using to track newsletter subscribers. Below are a couple of screenshots. 

SanfordWhiteman

But none of those with 100% accuracy will attribute the data value change to a specific form submission.

Taylor_Hemphill
Level 1

I took your advice and created a new custom field for this specific checkbox, and then referred to this field in a Smart List to track signups.

Thanks!