SOLVED

Re: Using Smart Campaigns within an Engagement Stream

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Smart Campaigns within an Engagement Stream

I'm looking for some clarification on using smart campaigns within an Engagement Engine stream, how it works, and what the rules are.

1) If the campaign is a trigger camaign, when does it fire? At the specified trigger, or at the next cast? For example, I'd like to make sure Email 1 goes out to anyone in Stream X when a data value changes, in addition to getting a monthly cast content. If I use a smart campaign for this action within the stream, will the email go out immediately after the data value change as desired? 

2) Are emails sent via the smart campaign within the engagement stream counted in the engagement score & analytics?

3) What are the rules for adding campaigns to a stream? Does the campaign have to be from a different Program? I ask because when I go to "Add Content" and choose "Program", every other program is available for me to select EXCEPT the one I'm working with, and I'm unsure if this is a bug or not. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on a bunch of things. 

If you are dropping programs directly into the stream, you need a smart campaign to run the program.

• Something like if member of engagement program is x and stream is x....flow = send email (no need to schedule it)
  • With this scenario you will be held to the engagement programs cadence.
  • These emails are counted in the metrics. 
You really don't need to use trigger campaigns with engagement programs as you are most likley using a cadence. Just drop the email in the stream and it will fire on the cadence run. If you need to run a first touch trigger email on data value change. I'd advise keeping it outside the stream. WAY easier to control I found. 

Are you dragging and dropping your email direclty and or program into the stream? That's the best way to bring your content into the engagement streams. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on a bunch of things. 

If you are dropping programs directly into the stream, you need a smart campaign to run the program.

• Something like if member of engagement program is x and stream is x....flow = send email (no need to schedule it)
  • With this scenario you will be held to the engagement programs cadence.
  • These emails are counted in the metrics. 
You really don't need to use trigger campaigns with engagement programs as you are most likley using a cadence. Just drop the email in the stream and it will fire on the cadence run. If you need to run a first touch trigger email on data value change. I'd advise keeping it outside the stream. WAY easier to control I found. 

Are you dragging and dropping your email direclty and or program into the stream? That's the best way to bring your content into the engagement streams. 

Hope this helps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of additional details for you:

1) If you use a program in the stream you will get an engagment score, but you will not be able to unsubscribe data as you would if using an email
2) The program can either be a local asset program (underneath the engagement program) or a program outside the Engagement program.  You can only select one campaign in the program to be added to a stream

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cheryl & Tim! You guys definitely answered my questions.