SOLVED

Re: Using segmentation in email

Go to solution
Kim_Harshbarger
Level 1

Using segmentation in email

Hi! I am trying to send emails based on segmentation (marketo owner) using tokens, however the from email address and the reply-to email address populate the defaults. Here is the tricky situation, since these contacts are not leads in our CRM, they don't have lead owners, therefore I cannot use the token "lead. lead owner email address". Is there another way to pull in the sales person's email address using segmentation or something else? Everything else in the email is populating perfectly, including the "from" field. I would rather not have to create 6 different emails. Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can make a header Dynamic (thus tied to a Segmentation) by clicking the button to the right:

pastedImage_0.png

Of course you need to be able to express the selection logic using the Smart Lists of your Segmentation.  If the logic is too complex for that, you'd need to use a Velocity token instead.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, you can make a header Dynamic (thus tied to a Segmentation) by clicking the button to the right:

pastedImage_0.png

Of course you need to be able to express the selection logic using the Smart Lists of your Segmentation.  If the logic is too complex for that, you'd need to use a Velocity token instead.

Kim_Harshbarger
Level 1

Thanks Sanford. I have included the dynamic option to the email which is working as it is populating the correct sales person's name based on the account/contact segmentation but I'm having issues with the actual "reply-to and from" email addresses. I'm trying to pull in each sales person's email address but because their email addresses aren't tied to the lead, it's not populating correctly, it goes to the default. And maybe this is something I can accomplish through the Smart Lists in my segmentation as you mention...

SanfordWhiteman

to pull in each sales person's email address but because their email addresses aren't tied to the lead

Doesn't matter whether the email address is "tied to" the lead. Dynamic content isn't the same as a lead field/lead token. It's text that you are setting within the email itself.

Kim_Harshbarger
Level 1

Ahhhh...yes, you are right. I think using the token and segmentation is what is screwing me up. Thanks again!

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, you will be setting text in the "Dynamic" pane, not using {{token}}s.

When you get a chance please mark my answer above Correct.