Re: Using Javascript to Auto-Submit a form

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Using Javascript to Auto-Submit a form

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully managed to utilise Javascript to auto-submit a Marketo form?    I have manage to successfully address a form in the system using a simple document.forms['mktoForm_XXXX'].submit(); however the form itself never submits/redirect?

Thanks

N
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Yes. It is possible. I developed a solution here at Citrix that auto-submits a hidden form if the user is a return/cookied user.

I used jQuery using:
Mkto.formSubmit($jQ('#mktFrmSubmit').parents('form:first').get(0));

I do a lot more than just submit the form but that's the one-liner I am using to submit it.

The other thing to keep in mind is that I did this using the Forms 1.0 editor not 2.0, but my guess is that it should be possible with 2.0 as well perhaps with a minor change.

Good luck!

Rafael
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rafael:

Can you tell me where to insert the js in the for so it can be auto submitted?

Mkto.formSubmit($jQ('#mktFrmSubmit').parents('form:first').get(0));

Thank You

Jerry Cooper

thetrustadvisor@gmail.com

(310) 745-9942

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure about the Marked as Helpful, man... anyway, are you really using a Forms 1.0 form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford, I'm using Forms 2.0. I'm lost an where to insert the js or jq snipet.

SanfordWhiteman

Well, first of all, you can't use the Forms 1.0 script here -- and that's a good thing, because the Forms 2.0 API allows you to do this far more straightforwardly.

Can you lay out exactly what you're trying to do?  You want to a form to submit automatically (and not render) based on what criteria?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny

I have a landing page the sends the requestor to an external URL. I know I can do an HTML redirect with a simple script uploaded into the marketo file library. I prefer to route the requestor via a landing page so I can track analytics. All requestors will be cookied.

The form submit button says if "not redirected in 10 secods click here" I need to make good on the promise of automatic redirection either instantly or with a delay timer.

So, in the end I could use js or jq code to get the submit button to auto submit to accomplish the redirection.

Jerry Cooper

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the landing page now Sawtooth Demo Request

I would like it to auto-submit.

SanfordWhiteman

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

setTimeout(form.submit,10000);

});

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Neil,

If you're using Forms 2.0, there's a full API available for form manipulation which you can find here: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/  The .submit() method provided to automatically initialize the submission process, as well as the .getValues() method if you want to pull a JS object to submit via your own Ajax methods.