Re: Using Excel Formula in Webhook

Elliott_Antal
Level 2

Using Excel Formula in Webhook

Hi - I setup a webhook in Marketo using Hoosh's free excel formula tool and it appears to be performing the action I want, but then it's also giving me an error.

The action I want is to format a phone number of 8888888888 to (888) 888-8888 and replace it in the Marketo designated field. As you can see in the screenshot, that's actually happening.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 9.54.00 AM.png

What I don't understand is why after the Change Data Value is successful, the webhook says it failed and has a Server Returned code 500.

I'm happy with the results and tempted to move forward, but the fact that it says it failed has me worried that there is something not right.

I am including a screenshot of my webhook setup for reference.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 10.21.08 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you speak with Hoosh about this?

Elliott_Antal
Level 2

Not yet, I wasn't sure if this would be a Hoosh issue or a Marketo issue.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The reply comes from Hoosh, so if Marketo gets a 500 error, then something sounds like Hoosh isn't communicating correctly. Perhaps it is because it is a test account or your login isn't active?

Elliott_Antal
Level 2

I tried using hurl.it and it seemed to work. Still funny that it isn't completely failing. I'm attaching a screenshot of my test.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.20.13 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliott,

I am a technology consultant at HOOSH marketing and we would like to help you with the issue you are facing with our Excel webhook.

Based on the information you provided, I have investigated the issue and looked into the history of requests to our system and found that the requests succeeded and proper output was sent back to Marketo which confirms what you have stated.

In order to look into it further, can you please provide a screenshot of the details of the failed Webhook request? We need to have a look at the actual URL and the payload to test it to identify the issue.

You can send an email to jithesh@hooshmarketing.com with the screenshot and any other information you believe will help us look into the issue. Also, please let us know if you still see failed requests for the webhook.

Regards

Jithesh Gopan

Martech consultant

Hoosh Marketing