Re: Using Default Text in Account-Balance Based Token

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Default Text in Account-Balance Based Token

Hello!

My organization has created a token for our members that shows how many savings credits a person has in their account. The problem is that if their balance is at "0", that's what they'll see. Normally this might not be an issue, but it would be nice to be able to show them alternative text like, "Log in to view your account details" or something like that. However, when I entered this text (i.e. Log in...) as default text in the token, I am still seeing "0" when I send myself a test email. Is there a workaround to be able to show the default text when someone's balance is at "0"? I'm assuming the default text is not appearing because Marketo considers "0" as an amount, even though for our purposes it really isn't. But it would be great to find a way around this.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Laura Kimball

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, 0 is a non-empty value and there are certainly cases where you'd want it displayed.

You can use Velocity (email scripting) to do what you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford....Is Velocity an account-based feature, or available for all Marketo users?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure if the "lite" Spark Edition (which has been renamed to something else) has it, but otherwise you have it.