SOLVED

Re: Using a lead token in a search filter

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a lead token in a search filter

Hi community,

I'm trying to use a lead token to filter visitors to our website. This is the filter:

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.44.58 PM.png

In more detail, the lead token that I'm trying to use in this filter appears below:

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.45.03 PM.png

The reason I'm trying to filter out this token is that when people use our app, their URL on our website is {lead.APP_domain_name}.kennasecurity.com. An example is if the lead's domain name is TechCorp, their app would be hosted on TechCorp.kennasecurity.com. I'm trying to run a campaign to MQL leads based on leads visiting 4 significant web pages, and if they're using our app, that isn't a significant page.

One solution I've thought of is to remove the Munchkin scripts from the branded domains, which would exclude these app uses from Marketo's activity logs. The issue with this is that it's useful for Sales to see how often a prospect is using our app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't use a lead token in this context.

You'll have to flag on something else that's predictably in the URL. Don't the non-app URLs always start with a small set of predictable hostnames (www, pages, etc.)?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't use a lead token in this context.

You'll have to flag on something else that's predictably in the URL. Don't the non-app URLs always start with a small set of predictable hostnames (www, pages, etc.)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying that.

That's a good point. Our non-app URLs generally start with www, and our app does not have www. I'll try implementing a filter based on that criteria.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it's either not working, or I'm not implementing it correctly.

There are two smart campaigns I'm running. The first campaign adds an Interesting Moment to a lead, as well as adding it to a Salesforce campaign. The steps are shown here:

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.31.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.31.57 AM.png

The second smart campaign is triggered when a lead is added to the SFDC campaign shown in the second screenshot above. The steps are shown here:

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.32.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.32.29 AM.png

After making these changes, I checked on the status of a lead who MQL'd. This is their activity log:

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.33.48 AM.png

The redacted URLs before kennasecurity.com are instances of the prospect using our app. As you can see, it appears that Marketo is still registering our app as visiting a web page, and thus triggering the first smart campaign.