Re: User not receiving reset password link

Anonymous
Not applicable

User not receiving reset password link

Hi there,

We recently encountered a problem where a user tried to reset their password. We have attempted to reset through the users & roles and as well as the log-in page but have not receive any emails from marketo.

Then, I deleted the user and tried to input the user with the same email address and it would not let me create this new log in. The error message said that it the user id exist. How an we resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

You're best contacting Marketo Support to fix this.

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

Check your firewall settings. We had the same issue, and found out from our IT team the new Microsoft Outlook settings had quarantined all emails coming from support@marketo.com for some crazy reason.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

For creating a new user with the same email after deleting the old one, just wait 15 minutes or so. If I remember there's a back-end cache that takes a little time to clear before it recognizes that the email is no longer in use. If the password reset still doesn't work after that, you'll probably want to contact support, and check with your IT team to see if the email is getting caught it a quarantine or something.