SOLVED

Use SFDC fields to populate calander token

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use SFDC fields to populate calander token

Hi all,

Our sales team are going to be scheduling individual calls with leads in Salesforce. This will most likely be done by creating an activity in SFDC (from which I can trigger a campaign from in Marketo).

I am hoping to use this trigger to email the lead that a calendar invite file for them to download. Is there a way I can populate the calendar file token with time and date information pulled from the SFDC lead?

Or is there a smarter way of doing this?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Use SFDC fields to populate calander token

You can't directly use a date/time/datetime {{my.token}} to set times & dates in a calendar token.

But you can use my little "MagICS" experiment, a lightweight web service, to include dynamic ICS URLs in emails, which lets everything be tokenized: event subject, start and end time, even reminders (alarms). Follow and DM me if you want to check it out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You can't directly use a date/time/datetime {{my.token}} to set times & dates in a calendar token.

But you can use my little "MagICS" experiment, a lightweight web service, to include dynamic ICS URLs in emails, which lets everything be tokenized: event subject, start and end time, even reminders (alarms). Follow and DM me if you want to check it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I would LOVE to check this out.  Where do I get more information?

Thanks,

Ben

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Ben!  Check out the posts on it here: http://blog.teknkl.com/tag/agical/