SOLVED

Use Lead Token in From Address

Go to solution
Terry_Crockett
Level 1

Use Lead Token in From Address

Hello. We are in the process of changing call center systems and currently use a marketo form to push alerts into the call center system. We use our own domain to send and a different email address (also our domain) for reply-to. So when our customer service team gets an alert message, they have to manually change the email address from the set reply-to address to the email address of the form submitter listed in the alert copy. They are asking if we could populate the form submitters email address as the from address (and reply-to address) in the alert message, but I am thinking this may cause deliverability issues based on SPF, DKIM, or DMARC settings. Is anyone able to provide some additional information about this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Use Lead Token in From Address

You absolutely cannot use the lead’s Email Address as the From:. Any domain with a DMARC policy will reject your mail.

You can use the Reply-To: because (a) it’s not used when Marketo DKIM signs the email and (b) it’s irrelevant to DMARC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think it's okay to use the email address token in the reply-to address (so your CS team do not have to populate the reply-to field manually while replying back to the customer), but I think using the lead token in the from address can have an impact on email reception for your CS team, i.e., your CS team may receive some of the alert emails in their primary inbox, a few in the spam folder, and chances are there that the alert emails will never make it to inbox (they’ll be rejected or blocked). I have experienced this first-hand with one of the clients. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend using lead token in the from address field.

Happy to hear others people's thoughts as well. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You absolutely cannot use the lead’s Email Address as the From:. Any domain with a DMARC policy will reject your mail.

You can use the Reply-To: because (a) it’s not used when Marketo DKIM signs the email and (b) it’s irrelevant to DMARC.