SOLVED

Uploading existing site

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploading existing site

I would think there would be a reasonably  easy way to use an existing website with Marketo but it's not looking like it is without rebuilding it in the site builder. I also can't find any documentation to help with this.

It's looking like I need to:

- Modify a template to add to the <head> to call a CSS file, google fonts, etc.

- Grab the main <body> code and add it using the Custom HTML box.

- Not sure about the images. I can't add an IMAGES folder to the directory. It appears I need to add them to Images and Files. Then figure out the path and change my html code. Or I guess I could hard code them to images on another server.

Anyone have any tips on the best way to achieve this? I would think it would be simpler than this!

THANKS
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uploading existing site

The client wants it within Marketo. My basic workflow worked fine. Had to hardcode absolute paths to the images and css and all's good.

THANKS

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mad D,

I'm not sure I'm clear on your question, but if you're asking whther you can upload your entire site and serve it from Marketo, I'm not sure that's supported or if it is, best practice. I'm relatively new to Marketo so I could be missing something. Feel feel to clarify if I misunderstand your question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand I have to integrate it into a Marketo template. It's some of the technical pieces of doing it I'm wondering about and whether the workflow I mentioned is the best (or easiest? or only?) way to do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so it sounds like you use some sort of CMS for your site that includes "site builder" functionality which I'm guessing renders static html files for your production site? If so, then you would need to add the munchkin.js script to your template and re-render the static files.

If you are trying to integrate an existing site template into Marketo to use as a landing page template, that's something different entirely.

We use our CMS to create landing pages so we bypass the Design Studio to avoid this step.

Are you trying to do either one of these?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No CMS. It's static HTML code.

(The "site builder" I mentioned is what Marketo has for people to build their landing pages)
Anonymous
Not applicable

The client wants it within Marketo. My basic workflow worked fine. Had to hardcode absolute paths to the images and css and all's good.

THANKS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, good to hear you got it figured out.