Re: Updating URL of a landing page with a new CNAME address

Megan_Rublee
Level 2

Updating URL of a landing page with a new CNAME address

Hi all! A division of my company does white label marketing. To accomodate this group and their white label marketing campaigns, the Marketing Ops department had a new CNAME created under a non-branded name. Prior to the CNAME creation, I had built a non-branded unsubscribe page. Now that the CNAME has been added into Marketo, how do I update the exisiting url of my non-branded unsubscribe page? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

All Marketo LPs are accessible under *all* of your Domain Aliases (simultaneously). You don't have to -- in fact can't -- change the canonical hostname of an LP, that will always be your primary domain. But you can access it via any domain.

Megan_Rublee
Level 2

Thanks for your reply, Sanford! For this email campaign, when the email deploys the url  to the LP needs to read "whitelabeleddomain" rather than "mycompanydomain." The current case is the LP has "mycompanydomain" as the prefix, since it is listed as our primary domain. To ensure that the email is sent with links to landing pages under "whitelabeleddomain," what steps should I take? Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

You have to make that change manually in links to the LP.

Megan_Rublee
Level 2

Does the change need to occur using the URL tools in Design Studio? Or would the URL need to be updated using Admin privileges? Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Neither! When you link to the the page, you simply use the preferred hostname. It's not any kind of permanent change to the page itself.