Re: Updating lead score when job title changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating lead score when job title changes

What happens when a lead has a job title, it gets scored against that job title, but then the lead changes their job title.  How is this handled in the lead score campaign?  Should leads flow through this campaign every time or just once?  Our scoring campaign is set for each lead to run through once, and the smart list criteria are Job Title = Not empty, or Data Value Changed: Attribute = Job Title....is this correct?

Hope someone can help, thanks.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Ideally, I'd do this based on role as opposed to title, since titles can change frequently but actually not mean very much

That said, that's not always possible due to the way everyone sets up their individual CRMs. You could create the roles in Marketo and filter people into those roles with smart campaigns, though.

If not, I'd set up your trigger like this:

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.40.48 AM.png

IE: Not having the Job Title filter and keeping everything in the trigger.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated.

I have set up lead scoring to give a higher score to those roles/titles that are most relevant/important for us. 

For example:

• Lead fills out a form and puts his title as Manager (low score).  Later his title is updated to GIS Manager (high score). 

Based on your example, could I do this by setting up multiple 'Data Value Changes' triggers with the 'Previous Value' is not XYZ, and so on?

And use flow steps:

pastedImage_2.png

And would I need to set the campaign to 'Each lead runs through every time' and run it daily?  Surely this won't add the score again each day?!

Thanks again for your help.

Carmela

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could run this daily on people who had Data Value Was Changed. This is  better and reduces the load on the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Josh.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

That should work! It just gets messy as you have to keep adding more and more title variations, which is why I suggest roles, but it's definitely not necessary.

You wouldn't need to schedule the campaign to run daily because it's a trigger, so it'll only run when someone qualifies. You're right, though, that you'd want the lead to run through every time their title changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jennifer, that’s been very helpful.

Carmela Pisapia

Marketing & Strategy Manager

T +44 (0)1223 433 463

M +44 (0)7775 651 696