Re: Updated By Value

Shwetang
Level 2

Updated By Value

Hi Al,

Is there a way to find out the "Updated By" value when an update is made to lead. For eg, First name is update for a lead via API and there is some API user "API1" and now first name is updated again via another API user "API2". So is there any way to trigger a SC on basis of user who is updating the value?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, but you can use the Push Lead endpoint and its "reason" field to simulate this.
Shwetang
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. But if some update is made on the form directly, then what will be the value of "Reason" ? Also, if "Reason" is provided only in one integration and it is not passed from other integrations and I have a SC which trigger on update of 10 fields, will the "Reason" be same for all the 10 field updates ?

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks for the reply. But if some update is made on the form directly, then what will be the value of "Reason" ?

FIlled Out Form activity doesn't use the API, so it would not have a reason, but would of course be a different activity.

Also, if "Reason" is provided only in one integration and it is not passed from other integrations and I have a SC which trigger on update of 10 fields, will the "Reason" be same for all the 10 field updates ?

The "reason" field is a property of the Push Lead activity. One Push Lead may cause multiple field updates.

Shwetang
Level 2

My requirement is to differentiate the Lead update coming from two different APIs. I dont want to use any of the Lead Attributes or create new field to set API source. Is there a way I can set some other property at the API level, so I can use same in my smart campaign and add this as a filter or check before triggering the SC under smart list.

SanfordWhiteman

Like I said, the closest feature is the "reason" field.