SOLVED

Update to Contact Account in SFDC

Go to solution
Petyr_Campos
Level 2

Update to Contact Account in SFDC

Does Marketo have the ability to update the account a contact is associated to in SFDC?

Use Case.

SFDC Contact Joe Doe exist in SFDC as a contact and a lead in Marketo under the company name Bank of America

Joe Doe completes a web form and updates his company name to Wells Fargo.

The company name to the lead record in Marketo is updated to Well Fargo.

QUESTION

What happens to the contact in SFDC associated to the lead in Marketo?

Does Marketo update the account name of the contact to Wells Fargo?

What happens if there is more than one Well Fargo in my SFDC, how would Marketo know which Wells Fargo account to associate to the contact?

What happens if the account doesn't exist in SFDC?

Would I now have a lead record in Marketo that has a different company name from the company name associated to the contact in SFDC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Update to Contact Account in SFDC

Hi Petyr,

Since in SFDC, you have a contact, it is attached to the account Bank of America.

Marketo does not update account data. Never. So in SFDC, the account name remains Bank of America. Nor Marketo will reassign the contact to another account.

On next update of the account in SFDC, the account info will also be pushed to Marketo and the Marketo lead company name will be set back to Bank of America.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Petyr,

Since in SFDC, you have a contact, it is attached to the account Bank of America.

Marketo does not update account data. Never. So in SFDC, the account name remains Bank of America. Nor Marketo will reassign the contact to another account.

On next update of the account in SFDC, the account info will also be pushed to Marketo and the Marketo lead company name will be set back to Bank of America.

-Greg

Petyr_Campos
Level 2

Thanks Grégoire for your answer, it helped a lot

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, this is not possible with Marketo.

You should consider a tool like RingLead to assist with this situation.

If the Lead updated their EMAIL to be @wellsfargo.com, then Marketo will treat this as a new lead, which you should too. The person moved to a new firm and is effectively new and no longer with BOA. So you would not expect any system to "move" the record to a different Account.

Petyr_Campos
Level 2

thanks for the feedback Josh

William_Finnen
Level 2

Thanks for the recommendation Josh.

Petyr-  Feel free to reach out to me to discuss how RingLead can help you with this initiative.  My email is Billy@ringlead.com or by phone at (631)353-7245.

Petyr_Campos
Level 2

Hi Billy,

I might be interesting in Ring Lead at some point to help clean our data, but I have too much on my plate right now to re familiarize myself with Ring Lead. I would also not be the decider or buyer but more like an influncer.