SOLVED

Update sfdcLeadId using REST API

Go to solution
pmk-tyro
Level 1

Update sfdcLeadId using REST API

Hey Gurus,

Background:

I have a site that creates leads in both Marketo and Salesforce, ended up creating leads in both system due to time criticality. The default sync between from Marketo to Salesforce is anytime between 2-15 mins.

Question:

I can use REST API to lookup LeadInfo from Marketo, is there a way I can populate the Salesforce Lead Id on to Marketo record and then release the sync to allow future sync to happen automatically.

I tried the endpoint - {{baseURL}}/v1/leads.json? with below body, but it doesn't seem to update the relevant SFDC fields in marketo.

{
    "action":"updateOnly",
    "lookupField":"email",
    "input":[  
      {  
         "email":"test-20512-07@example.com",
         "firstName":"John-1",
         "lastname":"Fraser",
         "Marketo_Id__c":"33333333333",
         "postalCode":"2000",
         "sfdcLeadId":"00Q2O001234ZDqjLLF",
         "Sync_to_Marketo__c":true,
         "Sync_to_Marketo__c_lead":true
      }
   ]
}

Are the SFDC fields non updatable ? has anyone worked on similar manual rest between systems before.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Update sfdcLeadId using REST API

No, you cannot do this. The SFDC ID field is a system field (more of an ETL identifier than a direct parallel to a single SFDC ID, since it changes during merges and conversions). Not updateable in userland.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Update sfdcLeadId using REST API

No, you cannot do this. The SFDC ID field is a system field (more of an ETL identifier than a direct parallel to a single SFDC ID, since it changes during merges and conversions). Not updateable in userland.