SOLVED

Update/ Replace email in embedded programs in stream

Go to solution
Bettywap
Level 1

Update/ Replace email in embedded programs in stream

Hi 

I have a few embedded programs in the stream. each program contains an email. If I need to replace or update the email ( I need to also update the email name and embedded programs' name), will the exhausted content receive those update emails? If so, how can I stop them receiving those updated/replaced emails. 

Here is the screenshot of the stream:

Bettywap_1-1692940173200.png

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Update/ Replace email in embedded programs in stream

Nope, engagement programs don't work that way. They'd not re-send content upon email content/program name updates.  When using a nested program, the decision to send an email to a person is based on the program membership and program ID (notice Marketo uses the program ID and not the program name).

• If you're not a member of a program, you will receive any emails that are part of the program once
  • If you're member of the program, you won’t receive the email
  • If you're no longer a member but received the email earlier through that program, you won’t receive the email

FYR, similar is the case for the direct plain email asset used in the stream as well, Marketo looks at the email asset ID and not at its name/content to determine whether it's already been sent to the member before or not. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Nope, engagement programs don't work that way. They'd not re-send content upon email content/program name updates.  When using a nested program, the decision to send an email to a person is based on the program membership and program ID (notice Marketo uses the program ID and not the program name).

• If you're not a member of a program, you will receive any emails that are part of the program once
  • If you're member of the program, you won’t receive the email
  • If you're no longer a member but received the email earlier through that program, you won’t receive the email

FYR, similar is the case for the direct plain email asset used in the stream as well, Marketo looks at the email asset ID and not at its name/content to determine whether it's already been sent to the member before or not. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

Bettywap
Level 1

Thank you Darshil, for your speedy reply and explanation 🙂

Darshil_Shah1

You're welcome, @Bettywap! 🙂