SOLVED

Update email invalid field in Marketo through API

Go to solution
nsoria1
Level 2

Update email invalid field in Marketo through API

Hi team hope you are doing well.

Wanted to check if we can update the field Email Invalid from Lead database through API in Marketo.

I have checked the api docs (https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#/) and have not found something that indicates it can be done.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Update email invalid field in Marketo through API

Use the Sync lead POST API endpoint for this. If you don't intend to create new people in this process, I'd recommend you set the action parameter to updateOnly (default is createOrUpdate). Below is a sample request body for your reference. You can also use Id, certain available system fields, or any other custom field as the lookupField (default is email).

{  
   "action":"updateOnly",
   "lookupField":"email",
   "input":[  
      {  
         "email":"someemail@example.com",
         "emailInvalid":false
      }
   ]
}

You can also explore Marketo's Bulk Import API if you wish to perform this update for a large number of records. The above regular non-bulk API allows updating only up to 300 records in a single call.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Update email invalid field in Marketo through API

Use the Sync lead POST API endpoint for this. If you don't intend to create new people in this process, I'd recommend you set the action parameter to updateOnly (default is createOrUpdate). Below is a sample request body for your reference. You can also use Id, certain available system fields, or any other custom field as the lookupField (default is email).

{  
   "action":"updateOnly",
   "lookupField":"email",
   "input":[  
      {  
         "email":"someemail@example.com",
         "emailInvalid":false
      }
   ]
}

You can also explore Marketo's Bulk Import API if you wish to perform this update for a large number of records. The above regular non-bulk API allows updating only up to 300 records in a single call.