Re: Update/Change Nurture Email Templates

Colby_Dix
Level 5

Update/Change Nurture Email Templates

So, the company I work for has re-branded. This is fun. But it means that we've had to update all of our templates to reflect the new look. Good good. Except now I'm left with our nurturing stream content to update as well.

My biggest questions is in regards to not so much the reporting data with old pieces, as handling of new vs. old.

I know you can't just update a template to a new one without issue, so when I re-author the emails in the new template they are likely to become 'new' content as far as the nurturing campaigns are concerned, but I don't want to send the same pieces to those that have already received them. How can this be avoided without creating complex conditional campaigns that will have a detrimental effect on all of the nurture flows?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Colby

ooooh shiny.
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This will be hard to do if you end up creating entirely new email templates.

1. If you can adjust the images in the old Templates, this should be fine. Where you get into trouble is when you update DIV sections or the layout.
  2. If you are adjusting the layout, then it's better to create new emails. (i know, I know)
  3. For the Nurture, you may have to push people into a new Stream that has new content only. Everyone else can still go into the original.
  4. If you happen to have been using Programs in your Stream, then you can adjust the campaign to exclude people who already are in the Program or campaign.
Colby_Dix
Level 5

yeah. I figured this might be wonky. Overall I'm going to go with modifying the the html in the existing templates. that way there's only a couple of pieces of content that will require more specific tweaking to avoid re-sends and messy looking emails.

ooooh shiny.