Re: update a video link in an email I already sent

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

A small hack I've done in the past is to run a 'click link' trigger on that email to see if anyone clicks it, if they do then follow-up with an email saying "sorry about that, the link was wrong, it should be this: " -- while this isn't 100% going to catch everyone, it is a way around blasting out a second email to people that otherwise may not have clicked it.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Had to get even more ridiculous once and redirect the entire branding domain to our own server so I could rewrite a typo in a tracked link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good idea. I will keep this in my back pocket as a fix. It's better than nothing! Thank you!

Darby_Jones
Level 2

I like almost all the functionality in Marketo more than Exact Target, but correcting links after the send was one feature in ET that I miss. All email links in ET are set up as a redirect to begin with, so you could always change the redirect location afterwards.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

you're not alone. you can vote on it here:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using this service https://linktrack.info/link get the result you are looking for. The downside is you have to be using their link from the start and there is a lot of manual data entry. They do have an API that could do some of the heavy lifting.