Re: Unsubscribes created as leads in SFDC

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Unsubscribes created as leads in SFDC

Hi,

We see many leads created in SFDC, and most of them are from Unsubscribe page which is hosted in Marketo. Based on the experience of Marketo community members, how can we fix such issues and what are the possible reasons triggering these issues in SFDC.

Best regards,

Ajay

8 REPLIES 8
Julz_James
Level 10

How do you currently push leads through into SFDC?  As if you're already emailing them then they are probably already in SFDC, or is it creating new leads in SFDC?  I

f you have a set way you push leads to SFDC you could set an field called 'SFDC Push' and then have the field populate with 'NO' when someone unsubscribes. 

When you have this in your push to SFDC campaign you can say anyone who's 'SFDC Push' is NOT 'NO'

I hope that makes some sense?

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Thank you, Juli!

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are possible filling out a form and therefore are created as a lead in Marketo.  Based on your rules a lead will be synced over to SFDC weather they are unsubscribed or not, unless you provide the business logic to prevent it.

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Thank you, Jamie!

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

One small suggestion it to maybe turn on Form Prefill for your Unsubscribe page (usually set to off), then the email address will be prefilled rather than them having them to input it, it sounds like people are unsubscribing but are misspelling there email address, which actually creates them as a lead. Also put a block in place that stops people who fill out "Email Unsubscribe Form" (standard Marketo unsubscribe form name) and is a new lead from being synced to SFDC.

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Thank you, Frank!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ajay,

Look at the activity log of these leads in Marketo: what is pushing them to SFDC ?

1. Is it a lead Management campaign? If so, why is this campaign triggered when a lead fills out an unsubscribe form ?
  2. Is is a program membership to a program that syncs to an SFDC campaign? If so, what program is it?

I concur with Frank,  you should turn on from prefill for the unsubscribe page to avoid errors there.

And also, I would plainly set up a smart campaign that does the following:

- when a lead unsubscribes, if SFDC Type [person] is empty (meaning the lead exists only in Marketo), just delete it from SFDC. the durable unsubscribe mechanism will ensure that Marketo remembers the unsubscribe setting for this email address anyway.

-Greg

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Thank you, Greg!