Unsubscribed changed to false do not update Email Opt-out to false in Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribed changed to false do not update Email Opt-out to false in Salesforce

Hi everyone, 
I have a question regarding Salesforce-Marketo integration.

Someone re-subscribes in Marketo (we manually or by a rule, change the Unsubscribe to False). 
When the lead syncs to Salesforce, all the fields are updated BUT the Email Opt-out. So the lead in SF is still Email Opt-out = True, and in the next sync, it changes Marketo lead back to Unsubscribe. 

I can manually change Email Opt-out to false in SF, but I want the re-subscribe to start in Marketo. Is that possible?

Thanks! 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Unsubscribed changed to false do not update Email Opt-out to false in Salesforce

Sarah,

The lead should fill out a form setting Unsubscribe=False. That should sync back to SFDC as Email Opt Out = F.

There is no need to manually or automatically have any flow step to update this. So I would first check your flows or manual procedure.

I have heard of SFDC resyncing the wrong value, but I don't recall how it was fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsubscribed changed to false do not update Email Opt-out to false in Salesforce

Multiple ideas on how to do this can be found here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GxXxCAK