Re: Universal update of Email Templates while adding UTMs still not working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Universal update of Email Templates while adding UTMs still not working?

Hello Marketo Community,

First time, I'm making such a high level change. So I'm currently adding UTM links on all of our email templates' logos. Made the change across all email assets being used in all campaigns (Old and New/Cloned)

Some of the emails created recently have the UTMs embedded whereas others don't. Can someone provide some insight as to why this isn't occurring?

Thanks for the help and information in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

is this email 2.0?

did you re-approve assets?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Some are email 2.0 others aren't. Hence this needed to be applied across the board.

Yes, I re-approved the assets on two different occasions and it still doesn't work within some email campaigns. The reason I'm asking is my next goal is doing a universal update to landing page templates, so just want to work this out first before hoping over to the next thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

Are you saying that if you create two new emails based on same template (we'll call template 1) that you get different results on the link utm tag?

for example

Create Email A using template 1 and the updated utm appears

Create Email B using template and the utm doesn't appear?

Or are you saying different templates are giving different results

for example

template 1 the utm tags appear

template 2 they don't

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Thanks for responding!

It's a mixed bag, so some emails if we're using your example of Template 1, will have the utm URLs appear on the logo. Whereas other emails (also using Template 1) won't have the UTMs appear at all. But if I'm using Template 2, the UTMs are applied across the board no problem. This issue is associated with 2.0 templates if that matters.

Based on what I know so far about Marketo email templates is, regardless if the asset is cloned (or not cloned) and you're updating the same exact marketo email template (Aviato, Spyglass, etc.). The updated change should be applied across the board, with the exception of templates that either have no subject line or if another user coincidentally is creating a brand new (or newly cloned) email asset, utilizing the same email template during universal application approval.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else had any other thoughts or suggestions before I deprecate this into the Marketo legacy threads?