Re: Unique IDs for files, images and Landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unique IDs for files, images and Landing pages

This is either a question or a request if it doesn't exist.

I would like a unique identifier (numeric or otherwise) that is searchable and usable for files, images, landing pages etcetera, aside from the item's name. This would make it possible for me to pass something in a URL without divulging the actual name of the file - and I'm sure there are other ways it perhaps could be used.

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to post ideas as Ideas.

But you can do this using UTMs and a naming scheme without any additional features. What you should do is clearly articulate what it is you want to do with this information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand - that is why I said this was"either a question or ..." - to find out if there was a way to solve the problem, before I truly made it a suggestion.

My intention: When somebody goes to a Marketo Landing page with a form to request either white paper file, or a webinar link,  I want to pass a variable of what they're requesting, so that I can presumably place a token in the auto-response email that gets populated with the file's url, or with the webinar's url.

I was hoping to avoid this being in the URL, to avoid showing what I'm trying to gate, and to avoid any issues with the dots in file name's causing problems. (I'm aware there are ways around that, with character Encoding, but I'd like to just avoid it altogether).

Forgive me, could you explan the UTM and naming scheme in a little more detail, if that might solve this problem?