Re: Unable to Import Sales Owner related fields into Markeo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Import Sales Owner related fields into Markeo

I am trying to import a list (in csv format) into Marketo. A few columns in the list I am trying to import contain information relating the lead owners' first and last names. These columns are being mapped to Marketo fields -  "Sales Owner First Name" and "Sales Owner Last Name". When I try to import the csv file, all fields are being imported correctly except the sales owner related fields which are blank in Marketo. I do not receive any error message either.   

Any idea why this might happening? (I do not have any integration with salesforce. I wonder if this may be part of why this is happening?)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Samir
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

For some reason, you just can't map owner fields. I would recommend separating the CSV files into many files based on owners and importing the file to various lists in Marketo and set up smart campaigns to assign ownership based on which lead the list is imported to. Or, set up lead assignment rules based on how you segment sales leads.
Casey_Noland
Level 2

I would check the records with blank 'Sales Owners' in SFDC. Most likely they belong to lead queues not SFDC users so aren't 'owned' by single person for personalization. For example you likely wouldn't want an email to come 'from' "Qualified Lead Queue - US".

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo cannot write to these two fields that you indicated they are Read only fields.  Another way to go about this is to create a custom field "Uploaded Sales Owner".  Then you can create smart lists and part out the data however you wish with a single upload. 

Then you can import them in and have that data.  You stated that you don't have an integration with SFDC but you do have SFDC.  If possible, I would highly recommend integrating the systems. 

Charly_Hartley
Level 2

I had the same question but we integrate with Microsoft Dynamics CRM so this is helpful. Thank you.

Bjorn_Erik_Ekst
Level 1

Does this mean that it is not possible to update/upload the contact details of users?
What I'm trying/investigating into is the ability to update and pull the direct phone number and mobile mobile number of the sales people from Microsoft Dynamics. It really looks like the options in MD are so limited on the user level.

Any help would be great. Thanks.