Tying Scoring Behavior to a Campaign/Program

I_T__Group_I_T_
Level 1

Tying Scoring Behavior to a Campaign/Program

Hello,

Im working on some data extraction through the Marketo API, and was hoping someone may have run into a similar issue that I currently am.

Currently, when we pull 'lead score' changes through the activity log, we get a campaign name such as "OP-Scoring-Behavior.Email - Opens Email". I understand this is because the scoring setup is done globally through a program; but is there a way to link this back to a "campaign" or "program" that caused the score change?

Im a bit new at this, so excuse my lack of understanding of the terminology. Essentially, we'd like to tie a score change, and the change value to a specific marketing campaign (email, newsletter, etc). I believe these may actually be called programs within Marketo.

Would the only way to acheive this be to setup scoring within each individual program?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tying Scoring Behavior to a Campaign/Program

You can't get this information via the Score Change(d) activity alone. But you don't need to localize your scoring (that would be unmanageable and against best practices). Instead you can set an Interesting Moment at the same time you bump the Score. Include {{trigger.}} tokens in the IM.

I_T__Group_I_T_
Level 1

Thanks for the reply! I think I understand what you're suggesting: so, We'd create an interesting moment for each of the score change behaviors as well, and pull the interesting moments? Thanks so much!

SanfordWhiteman

Right.

I_T__Group_I_T_
Level 1

Awesome! Does Marketo have any documentation on how the trigger tokens work?

I_T__Group_I_T_
Level 1

Ive successfully created an IM for each activity using the {{trigger}} tokens, but when I try to pull all interesting moments from the API activities endpoint (type of 46), i dont see them come across. Is there a reason for this?

SanfordWhiteman

I wouldn't know without a lot more detail about what you're trying and what you're seeing in the response. You should open a new thread for this.