SOLVED

Re: Turn an engagement program On and Off

Go to solution
ChrisR
Level 2

Turn an engagement program On and Off

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to Marketo and would be most appreciative for your assistance.

I am looking to turn an engagement program off by using the following steps Turn an Engagement Program On and Off

It is my understanding what when change the program status to 'Off' then all emails will cease.  My main query revolves around what happens when it is turned on again.

I have a campaign that has 15 emails over three streams.  When the program turns on again, will;

- All existing members of the campaign will pick up where they left off and receive the next email in their journey?  They will not go back to the start of receive an email a second time?

- All new eligible people will enter the campaign the next run of the entry smart campaign and start at email 1 when the flow dictates?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Welcome to Marketo!

It is my understanding what when change the program status to 'Off' then all emails will cease. 

Yes, that is the correct understanding! You may consider it as a switch to turn the EP on or off! With the program status off, no emails will be sent out from the EP.

- All existing members of the campaign will pick up where they left off and receive the next email in their journey?  They will not go back to the start of receive an email a second time?

Yes, they'd resume receiving the emails right from the first unsent content in the stream. I deliberately used unsent as an EP never sends the same email to a person again if they've received the email earlier.

- All new eligible people will enter the campaign the next run of the entry smart campaign and start at email 1 when the flow dictates?

Yes, new people will start receiving content from the top of the respective stream, again they'd receive the first unsent content from the stream.

Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Welcome to Marketo!

It is my understanding what when change the program status to 'Off' then all emails will cease. 

Yes, that is the correct understanding! You may consider it as a switch to turn the EP on or off! With the program status off, no emails will be sent out from the EP.

Yes, they'd resume receiving the emails right from the first unsent content in the stream. I deliberately used unsent as an EP never sends the same email to a person again if they've received the email earlier.

Yes, new people will start receiving content from the top of the respective stream, again they'd receive the first unsent content from the stream.

Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

ChrisR
Level 2

Hi Dharsil,

One more question if possible please.

I have people in my engagement program that have had their Engagement Program Cadence changed to 'Paused' via a Smart Campaign because they meet certain criteria that require them to not receive emails for a period of time.

If I turn my engagement program off and then back on again (Turn an Engagement Program On and Off) when needed, will the applicable people that are already paused remain as such?

I don't want these specific people receiving emails when I turn it back on.

Thanks again,

Chris

Darshil_Shah1

Turning the engagement program on/off should not affect the program members' cadence values. Their cadence values would remain as-is.