Trouble w Creating Landing Page from Template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble w Creating Landing Page from Template

Hi All,
I'm having trouble creating a landing page from a template that I've coded up. I created a LP template using the #mktForm .mktEditable convention that I see in other templates. I've uploaded it & tried to create a new LP with this template, but I can't seem to drag the needed elements into the appropriate section.

I have a section for header, I'm trying to drag an HTML element there and enter my H1's, but the HTML ends up next to the #mktHeader section that I have. Similar situation with #mktContent & #mktForm.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get my content into the template blocks that I've created?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble w Creating Landing Page from Template

Are you creating the landing page from an existing landing page's source? It is likely.

It is essentially missing the editable tags preventing from dragging&dropping and, most important, the hard coded form may fire triggers defined for different campaigns/programs/events. 

What is the name of that landing page template causing problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for prompt reply! Yes, I'm importing a LP design from another tool. I strived to match the coding convention of other templates when uploading this new design. The template is called "LP Redesign for A/B Testing".

I took all of the content & forms out of my template, to be added back within the LP editor. I have 6 .mktEditable selectors (listed below). I just can't seem to drag each node of content into the sections they're designed for. 
  • #mktBody
  • #mktHeader
  • #mktContent
  • #mktForm
  • #mktColumns
  • #mktFooter
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to review the page ID LT0A1ZN9.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I see what you're looking for, my new template is LT149B2ZN9. The page I want to create with the template is LP2851B2.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its probably difficult to tell what my LP is supposed to look like, so I created a mockup so you can see what my goal is.

http://i.imgur.com/pNaZf91.png

Here's another version where I've highlighted the sections that have the .mktEditable class.

http://i.imgur.com/RGloYg1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno, its been a week, any update on the landing page/template review?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the screen shots. I am going to review LT149B2ZN9 and LP2851B2.

In fairness all my contributions to the Community are independent from my daily duties as technical support engineer and office hours. All custom coding, such as HTML/CSS/JavaScript, is the domain of Marketo Professional Services (paid engagements).

Having the context clarified I am happy to resume what I started. I am coming from a development background, contributing to a number of free open source projects in order to keep my skills sharp and up to date. That is one of the many reasons I love to participate in online communities along volunteering for a non-profit (Special Olympics).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bruno, I appreciate your help. I just could not get the form to render properly with this template. I'm moving on to another layout for the sake of progress. Though I've been building sites & web applications for years, a 2 column form was probably too agressive for my first Marketo effort. I may come back to this design after I've created a few others. At any rate, I do appreciate your help.