SOLVED

Re: Trouble appending data to a utm parameter field

Go to solution
Nikki_Castle1
Level 1

Trouble appending data to a utm parameter field

Hi all,

I've set up 5 smart campaigns to write last touch url parameter data into a multi-touch field intended to capture all touchpoints along a lead's journey. I've followed some great resources to set it up, but my tests demonstrate that it's not working properly. Screenshots of the smart list, the flow steps, and my sample result:

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 3.45.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 3.41.46 PM.png In Option 2 of the flow step, the window size cuts off the full entry of the New Value. Here's what it says:

{{system.dateTime}} {{lead.utm_lt_campaign}} | {{lead.utm_mt_campaign}}

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 3.46.02 PM.png

Hope y'all can help me out!

Thanks,
Nikki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

• Please show the Activity Log details for that lead.
  • You don't need the 2nd choice at all, you can use the Default choice because Choice 2 is simply the boolean opposite of Choice 1.
  • Make sure the the history (MT) field is a Text Area field.
  • It isn't enough to catch the Data Value Changes trigger unless you also ensure the that the LT field is emptied after being appended/prepended to the history field. The LT field will not register a change if it's set to the same value again, even though that is a touch.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Please paste those images inline (directly in the editor). Not all users can see attachments, making for major confusion.

Nikki_Castle1
Level 1

updated! Didn't realize that, thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

• Please show the Activity Log details for that lead.
  • You don't need the 2nd choice at all, you can use the Default choice because Choice 2 is simply the boolean opposite of Choice 1.
  • Make sure the the history (MT) field is a Text Area field.
  • It isn't enough to catch the Data Value Changes trigger unless you also ensure the that the LT field is emptied after being appended/prepended to the history field. The LT field will not register a change if it's set to the same value again, even though that is a touch.
Nikki_Castle1
Level 1

Thank you, Sanford! 

The problem was that it was a string field rather than a text field. Thank you for the note about the change not registering in this setup as well. 

Looking forward to following your guide on replacing the pipes characters with line breaks next!