SOLVED

Re: Triggers with Boolean values

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggers with Boolean values

I have a Smart Campaign set up to trigger when a Boolean value changes to True.

Example: "Check this box to request a call from an expert."

If the field already has the value of "True" and the user comes back and checks that box again on another form, will the system still trigger based on the data value changing from "True" to "True," or does it have to change from "null" or "false" in order to trigger properly?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Daniel,

If the value is already 'true' and they choose 'true' in a form fillout, that is not seen as a 'change', so there is no Change Data Value activity created which could trigger the campaign. To work around this, I've seen other customers use the trigger Fills Out Form in conjunction with a filter (FieldName is 'true').

I hope that helps,
Grant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Daniel,

If the value is already 'true' and they choose 'true' in a form fillout, that is not seen as a 'change', so there is no Change Data Value activity created which could trigger the campaign. To work around this, I've seen other customers use the trigger Fills Out Form in conjunction with a filter (FieldName is 'true').

I hope that helps,
Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast response!

Would there be any issue with setting a time constraint for [field value set to true] [within the last 1 hour] (that is what I am doing now)? We currently have a different smart campaign that automatically removes the true value after 1 day.

My concern is that the trigger happens instantly and I am worried that it is not waiting long enough for the value to change in the system for the filter to kick in.