Change status progression to existing, synced channel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change status progression to existing, synced channel

1. If I add a new progression status in the middle of all the existing ones, how will this affect my existing programs that are already synched with SFDC?

2. Would the new status/es be automatically added as a status in the SFDC campaign, and none of the members would have this as their status until we added a corresponding Smart Campaign to set it?

3. If I change the name of a progression status in Marketo, would all members in the SFDC campaign who were in that status have their status updated to the new status name?

4. Finally, if I reorder the program's progression statuses in Marketo, would this reordering also occur in SFDC? Or would we need to reorder them manually?
How would the reordering affect existing Marketo programs?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4

Re: Change status progression to existing, synced channel

Hi Lia-
I assume by your first question that you mean that you have the program directly connected to SFDC.  Once the sync is initially done, there are no further updates sent down so you will have to add that progression status manually to both the MKTO channel as well as the SFDC campaign.  This is a great article explaining how and what updates: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KytlCAC

The article should answer both your 2nd and 3rd questions as well.

As for the fourth question, SFDC does not retain an order to the statuses - so if you swapped the progression of steps in MKTO, it would not need to re-order the data in SFDC. However, unless you weigh the progression steps either the same, you may run into issues having the progressions re-order.  Progression steps can take you forward, side to side, but never backwards. SFDC does not have any limitation like that.

Hope this helps!
Brigid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful, but can you please refresh the link to the answers for Question 2/3. It's linking to the homepage. Thank you

Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4