Triggering Salesforce Workflows - Manual Person Update vs Regular Sync to SFDC?

Travis_Wittenbu
Level 2

Triggering Salesforce Workflows - Manual Person Update vs Regular Sync to SFDC?

Hey everyone,

Odd scenario here - we have a process in Salesforce (merge lead with existing contact and convert using a tool called ZaapIT) that is triggered by a field being set to "TRUE" on our lead objects.

I set up a simple Smart Campaign in Marketo that sets the value to "TRUE" on a triggered basis (all works great), and that info pushes to Salesforce just fine every 5 mins. However, the SFDC process does not run.

Interestingly, if I open up a lead's page in Marketo and check the box manually, the info gets pushed to Salesforce, and my SFDC process DOES run.

Any ideas how to get around this? In both scenarios the value is getting set to true in both Marketo and Salesforce, but for some reason if it is updated through a smart campaign it does not trigger the SFDC process.

Thanks!
Travis

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggering Salesforce Workflows - Manual Person Update vs Regular Sync to SFDC?

This is a really weird report, Travis!

Whether you set the value in a Smart Campaign or via the Lead Details UI, the underlying value would be the same, and they both would get synced during the periodic sync, not immediately.

Are you positive there's not another Smart Campaign, triggering on the Data Value Changes and also constrained by the source (you can trigger only on changes that are hand-entered in the Lead page), that in turn updates another field, and it's the presence of both of these fields that makes everything work in SFDC?