SOLVED

Re: Triggering from specific 'Opportunity is updated' value to another specific value.

Go to solution
Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

Triggering from specific 'Opportunity is updated' value to another specific value.

Hello,

I am using the opportunity trigger to send out an alert. However, I am having difficulty in ensuring the program is launched based on a specific value.

For example - I am triggering off an update to the field 'SIS Status' in an opportunity. Once the status is "2" We can send the email.

However, I only want this to activate if the previous status was "1", not "3" or "4" or NULL, for example.

Would the example I have placed below be the correct logic in Marketo to ensure this change, or should it be reversed? Is there perhaps another way of doing this I am missing?

I am confused as to if the constraint looks at the previous value, or the new value.

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Re: Triggering from specific 'Opportunity is updated' value to another specific value.

I think the best way to do this would be to remove the filter for Opportunity was Updated and instead add a constraint to the trigger with - Previous Value is 1. This way the program should only trigger based on the opportunity being updated from 1 to 2.

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

I think the best way to do this would be to remove the filter for Opportunity was Updated and instead add a constraint to the trigger with - Previous Value is 1. This way the program should only trigger based on the opportunity being updated from 1 to 2.

Thanks,

Kelly

Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

Thanks, that makes so much sense. Previous value always refers to the Trigger Attribute?

I can't believe I have never seen that constraint... I was getting frustrated thinking "where is the 'was' statement?"