SOLVED

Can I get reports sent in XLSX format?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get reports sent in XLSX format?

Tableau (via Mac) is starting to phase out XLS as a data source, meaning I have to open the files and save them as XLSX. This is a huuuuuge headache when updating 100 reports once a week.

Any solution to this that's not a crappy work-around?

Thanks,

-Brendon
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get reports sent in XLSX format?

So I had one of my engineers write a bash script to automatically convert the files for me when they come in. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brendon - How are you getting data into Tableau? Only Export/Import?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that's the only way I know how to do it. Now getting them sent to me once a week via the subscriptions tab, then copying into my Tableau Workbooks folder, but it still sends them as XLS, which is a headache when you're dealing with 56 reports.

Thanks for the response,

-Brendon
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can theoretically use SOAP/REST to extract the data directly. There are services out there who claim to do it, but my internal people say it is really easy to do yourself. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I'll dig through the Marketo API docs to see if there's a way to directly connect. Is it safe to say there's no way to get the reports in XLSX? Anyone know why such an advanced software still exports in XLS?
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had one of my engineers write a bash script to automatically convert the files for me when they come in. Problem solved!