SOLVED

Re: Trigger When enters Smart List

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Trigger When enters Smart List

Hello!

Is there anyway to create a trigger when a lead becomes a member of a smart list? I'm having a hard time triggering a campaign to be sent out because all the changes made to the lead happen before they enter the smart list. I hope this makes sense!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

Use the triggers:

• Added to opportunity. Is will enable you to fire a campaign when the lead is first added to the opportunity
  • Opportunity is updated. It will fire when one of the opportunities a lead is attached to is updated (You will have to tell Marketo which opportunity field was updated. If you need more than 1 field, add this trigger many times).

You will be able to add the same constraints as you have above.

-Greg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the trigger program status has changed, and the new status is "X"

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

In fact, no, you cannot trigger on the fact that a lead enters a smart list. But you can trigger on the activities that are the same as the one use to filter leads in your smart list.

If you copy a screen shot of your smart list filters, we may tell what triggers to use.

-Greg

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Thank you!

The goal here is to send out an email when the opportunity is marked as one.....as long as either it doesn't need approval from a manager or it has been approved by a manager.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 3.23.46 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

Use the triggers:

• Added to opportunity. Is will enable you to fire a campaign when the lead is first added to the opportunity
  • Opportunity is updated. It will fire when one of the opportunities a lead is attached to is updated (You will have to tell Marketo which opportunity field was updated. If you need more than 1 field, add this trigger many times).

You will be able to add the same constraints as you have above.

-Greg

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Right now this is what i'm using to trigger the campaign. However, only about 1/3 of the people in the smart list are being sent the email. That being said, I image it's because it's only being sent to people who's opportunity is updated after they are already in the smartlist. Correct?Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 3.27.29 PM.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to do two things as Greg said:

• Added to Opp
  • Opp is Updated with Stage=XYZ
  • AND
    • Member of Smart List=X (this is a constraint so if they are not members, they will not go through)

From your screenshot, I do not think you need the smart list. Just make sure your triggers are the same filter constraints.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Thanks for the help! Like this? Or do I still need to add Added to Opp?

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 3.45.54 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

In fact, you may want to add all the contraints ("approved by manager", "approval needed" ...) directly into the trigger. And you will need the same trigger twice to cover the 2 cases (with and without approval).

-Greg

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

How does this look?

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 4.03.32 PM.png