SOLVED

Trigger smart campaign from Calendly sync

Go to solution
trevlarrr
Level 3

Trigger smart campaign from Calendly sync

Our sales team uses Calendly to schedule product demos and meetings and I've just set up the integration from Calendly to Marketo so we can use a Marketo form and landing page to capture lead details and then sync the Calendly event with Marketo.

In testing this I can see it's recording the details against the person activity log but what I can't figure out is how to trigger a smart campaign based on them booking a meeting as the Calendly activity fields aren't selectable as triggers.

I know I could do this based on them submitting their details in the Marketo form but I don't want to prematurely trigger this if they don't then complete the meeting request via Calendly.

Is anyone using this and know the best way to go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Trigger smart campaign from Calendly sync

If the native integration isn't syncing any data to Marketo upon a successful meeting booking (not just on filling out the form), you'd have to set up a custom integration that'd create a custom object record in Marketo when the person books a meeting via Calendly. Once you have this in place, you can trigger off your Marketo campaigns based on the CO record additions (and updates too if reqd. in case of meeting re-scheduling/cancelations).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

If the native integration isn't syncing any data to Marketo upon a successful meeting booking (not just on filling out the form), you'd have to set up a custom integration that'd create a custom object record in Marketo when the person books a meeting via Calendly. Once you have this in place, you can trigger off your Marketo campaigns based on the CO record additions (and updates too if reqd. in case of meeting re-scheduling/cancelations).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In testing this I can see it's recording the details against the person activity log but what I can't figure out is how to trigger a smart campaign based on them booking a meeting as the Calendly activity fields aren't selectable as triggers.

What do you mean by “aren’t selectable as triggers”? Can you show a snippet of the activity log please?

Darshil_Shah1

Indeed, I'm curious to know what activity OP is exactly referring to here as well.

trevlarrr
Level 3

Nevermind, there's a custom trigger showing today for "Schedules a Calendly event" that for some reason wasn't showing when I posted yesterday, guessing there was a lag in that updating, but thanks for responding anyway.

Darshil_Shah1

You're welcome, and thank you for posting an update here on the thread.

Also, I'm just adding some help articles below on Calendly <> Marketo integration for the ready reference of the users visiting this thread in the future:

• Syncing scheduled event data to Marketo: When Syncing data is enabled in Calendly, Calendly will create two custom activities in Marketo: Calendly Submit Routing Form and Calendly Schedule Event. When a Marketo form connected to Calendly is submitted and/or an event is scheduled with any event type in the Calendly organization, the data will be sent to Marketo and logged as an activity under the person/lead who took the action.
  • Setup routing from Marketo forms: This enables users to connect a Marketo form to Calendly’s routing logic to send leads to the right booking page based on responses to your Marketo form. On this page, you'll find an overview of how it works, as well as step-by-step guides.