Re: Trigger for SFDC Data change inaccurate / too slow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger for SFDC Data change inaccurate / too slow?

Hi,

I created a trigger "clicks Link" which is suppose to change the lead rating afterwards. I also created an Alert which sends a Mail to Sales Rep when someone engages. Now I face the problem that sometimes the sales rep receives a mail but the lead rating has not changed. Both are exactly the same triggers. Any Idea whats the reason behind it? Is the trigger to slow when different people click at the same time?

Thanks and much appreciated!

Jörg

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jörg

When you say that you send an alert to sales when someone "engages", is that using the same trigger, ie Clicks link in email?  Potentially as the triggers are happening at the same time, the trigger that's changing your lead rating hasn't had enough time to update the new value before the alert is sent (which needs to be populated with that value).  Perhaps include a very short wait step before the Alert email is sent e.g. 1 minute. That will be enough time for any change score/lead rating steps to take place.

Hope that helps!

Bronwen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

thanks for your helpful reply. I had set the alert and data change value up within two seperate smart campaigns (but both will be triggered simultaneously due to the same trigger). The problem that it does send the alert sometimes but did not change the value at all.

I just followed your instruction and set both up within one smart campaign --> first change data value, wait a minute, send alert!

Thanks again for your reply!

Best

Jörg